1.How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Site to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Site, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
- when you contact us directly via email, letter, phone, post, message, or chat; and
- when you browse and use our Site/Mobile Apps (before and after you create an account with us).
We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising platforms and fraud detection provider.
2. Information We Collect from You
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Site more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
When you visit the Site or make an order through the Site you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details, and payment information such as bank information.
We also collect information about your usage of the Site and information about you from any messages you post to the Site or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter, phone, post, message, or chat. If you contact us by phone, we may record the call for training and service improvement purposes and make notes in relation to your call.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Site.
We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any our mobile application, through your mobile’s browser or otherwise.
3. Use of Your Information
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection laws. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Site;
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so – for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
- to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- to tailor content that we or our third-party or advertising partners display to you;
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Site or our services, including letting you know of our new services, where you have asked us to do so;
- to analyse your activity on the Site so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us prevent fraud;
- to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Eclectus, partners, or others (including to prevent fraud); and
- if you submit comments and feedback regarding the Site and the services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Site and in any marketing or advertising materials.
We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see “Rights of Data Subjects” section below for more information.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
- create a record of your order(s);
- comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
5. Direct Marketing
Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email or phone. You can control your email marketing preferences by visiting our website, eclectus.com, or mobile application and setting you Account’s preferences
6. Retention of Your Information
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the “Use of Your Information” section, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law(s) to retain data for a certain period;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
Sharing your information internally:
We share your information with other Eclectus affiliated companies only where necessary for the purposes set out in “Use of Your Information” section.
Sharing your information with third parties:
We share your information with third party service providers. The types of third-party service providers whom we share your information includes:
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
- IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage and analysis;
- Delivery Service Providers: so they can deliver your order to you;
- Customer support partners: who will help us to resolve any issues you may have with our services; and
- Marketing and advertising partners: so that they can ensure that you see advertising which is more relevant to you and send you email marketing on our behalf.
If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
- in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement;
- to protect the rights of Eclectus, partners, or others, including to prevent fraud; and
- with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police.
8. Data Transfers
We adopt robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected.
We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. Rights of Data Subjects
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the right to:
- be informed of the collection and processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- access your personal data;
- correct inaccuracies or errors of your entries;
- suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our system; and
- complain due to such inaccuracies, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data
- transmissibility of your rights to your lawful heirs and assigns;
- obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format where your personal data is processed by electronic Avenues and in a structured and commonly used format.
12. How to Contact Us
Attn: Chief Data Protection Officer
Office: Lot 91-A Bagsakan Rd, Taguig, 1630 Metro Manila